Saturday, March 6, 2010

6 days.

So. There are six days until the show. Presently I have six dresses done (sort of, I'm including the ones Judith is making for me) 3 half outfits, and most of a mop dress.

The mop dress is coming along well! I dyed three of the mops pink. I braided one whole mop, then I made a corset out of canvas and layered the braided mops into the panels of the corset. At first I thought it kind of looked like a ... carpet. but its prettier now that its coming together. Its tricky appropriating things to make them into ..other things. I want the original integrity of the mop maintained, while still manipulating them enough to make it interesting. If you looked at just the corset, you wouldn't really know its make out of dyed braided mops. That's why its important for the skirt part to have some free falling mops of their original color-so that there is a visual link. She'll also be holding a mop so I'm pretty sure people will get it.

The rest of the collection is moving along in a positive direction. I can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week, that's crazy. Time sure flies when your working like a dog. I was on Breakfast television yesterday! well, not me, but the lovely model Bonnie wearing one of my dresses was. I totally thought I was going to be on TV. I had to be there at 6:15 am...I was pretty sure 6:15 was a myth until this point. Anything earlier than 8 is just cruel in my opinion. I'm kinda night owl though. I'd gladly stay up until 2 or 3 sewing and sleep until 10. Anyways, I tossed and turned all night worried I would sleep through my alarm or something. I woke up at five and felt like I never slept at all

When I got there I found out that I wasn't going to be on TV, just my model... I even did my hair. .. oh well. There was no need to toss all night. I'm not sure why I was so nervous, I've been on TV before. Anyways, Bonnie did great, and everyone seemed to love my dress *giggles with joy*

This is going to be a hard week. I had to stay in again... Geoff is at our friends having a lovely dinner of smoked salmon and grilled veggies and oh I can't remember what else. .. . probably a lobster and cakes. hmm cakes.

I had to miss out so I could stay home and sew. I had a bowl of soup, and a cucumber sandwich. We're out of groceries, but it doesn't really matter, who has time to cook? or eat for that matter.

Thin is in, so I'm told

1 comment:

  1. You should have told everyone about the Breakfast Television gig! I'd have watched it, that's for sure. And BTW, one must eat. It's vital, actually!

    ReplyDelete