Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bedtime is for idea monsters.


Oh idea monsters. how you haunt me. As I fall asleep at night I think of all the beautiful things I will make when I wake up in the morning. Then I wake up... and do yoga, and eat, and bum around, and my idea monsters remain fictional. I went to school today to try and make art. I succeeded in failure. dammit. I'm home now, and I've brought what I'm working on home with me to try and keep going with it. I'm not going to tell you what it is just yet....because I don't know if it will work, but if it does it'll be awesome! (this isn't the unicorn costume, I haven't gotten the stupid fabric for those yet)

Who here has heard of Elie Saab? Damn I like his stuff. It's so flowy and pretty and interesting. I seem to have a hard time with flowy things. I really like structure and when I design it always seems to be very structured silhouettes. I need more flowy in my life. Yes flowy is a word. Don't judge me. I was thinking about using the word flouncy but that seemed too gay.

Anyways, if you're interested, check out more of his stuff, it's pretty epic.

1 comment:

  1. the plague of the idea monster...omg i understand this only too well believe you me...it is the story of my adhd life...so happy somebody understands my plight...the thing is...at least some of your ideas and I'd say the majority of them make it into solid structure and form...so good on ya! I aspire to make as many of my ideas come alive as you do! And fyi...you make beautiful flowy things that flounce quite gayly!

    ReplyDelete