Sunday, October 17, 2010

Back on Track




SOOOooooo it's been a while, how are you my blog following friends? good? excellent. I am also good. Contrary to my last blog that delineated all the drama of the past few months. If you're unaware, let me get you up to speed.

I am now the visual presentation peron at the Bay! yay. I dress all the manikins and its a crazy lot of work but its super fun and its pretty good hours (I'm starting to get used to getting up at 5:30) Although I find myself going to bed at 10 on weekends now because I'm so freakin tired by that time due to my work schedule. Anyways all is well. I think they really like me and it's very creative which I think will be good for my personal practice.

That's enough about boring Bay stuff. I've decided to write a little book! I know you're all thrilled. It is going to be 'things every gay man should know' or something to that effect. My buddy Preston got a book at chapters called 'Things every man should know' and it's really cute. it teaches you how to change a tire, tie a tie, hmm, i can't remember all the things, but it's cool. As we were flipping through it I just kept thinking how funny it would be to make one for a gay man, because it would be totally different.

Here are some of my ideas.

1) How to cabaret
2) advice on male skincare
3) Dressing appropriately flamboyant for every occasion
4) Tweesing your brows
5) Man-scaping (like landscaping but for homo hair)
6) Cruising
7) A short concise history of Bet, Barbara, Liza, and Judy- just to throw around at parties
8) Arranging flowers
9) The drag wig that will best suit your face shape

Thats all i can think of right now, I'm sure that there are many many more. I know its clique but it would be really funny. And I probably won't know about all the thinks on my list so I'll have to do research too. It'll help me be a more stereotypical character of a gay man, lol

What are some other ideas guys??? post your ideas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Kyle! Glad you're back! (It's "cliche" though, not clique, BTW). Let me proof-read your book before you send it out, please! JD ;-)

    ReplyDelete